Havenstreet Times Quiz
Monday 22nd February
- Which Scottish golf course is known as the ‘Home of Golf?
- How many times has London hosted the Summer Olympics?
3. Why did Wimbledon change their optimum grass length from 2 inches to 8mm?
4. Which UK football club is the worlds oldest, dating back to 1885?
5. Which sport does ‘Knocked up for six’ originate from?
Tuesday 23rd February
- St Andrews
- 3 – the only city to have hosted the Olympics 3 times
3. Because a snake hid in the long grass unnoticed and bit a player
4. Sheffield FC
1. True or false, the continent shift is about the same rate as your hair growing?
2. Where is Xanadu?
3. How many different time zones are there in Russia?
4. Which is the largest of the Canary Islands?
5. How many countries border China?
Wednesday 24th February
1. False, it is actually about the same rate as your fingernails
2. Inner Mongolia
5. 14, the same as Russia
1. Who wrote the Gruffalo books?
2. What is the real name of The Artful Dodger?
3. What is the Chinese New Year animal for 2021?
4. Who is the vice president of the US?
5. “You’re gonna need a bigger boat” originated in what movie?
Thursday 25th February
- Julia Donaldson
2. Jack Dawkins
4. Kamala Harris
Food and Drink
1. A Mocha is a coffee flavoured with which sweet treat?
2. Oyster, chestnut and button are varieties of what vegetable?
3. Which type of bread is made by the fermentation of dough and is made with a ‘starter’?
4. How many cups of tea does the UK drink in a day?
5. Which liquor is made from the blue agave plant?
Friday 26th February
4. 165 million
- Which mathematical symbol was the title of Ed Sheeran’s first album in 2011?
2. On the Abbey Road Album which of the Beatles crossed the road first?
3. Who won this year’s Masked Singer?
4. In which decade did Elvis have his first UK No. 1?
5. In a 2011 single, Maroon 5 claimed to have ‘moves like’ which member of the Rolling Stones?
Saturday 27th February
- John Lennon
- Joss Stone
- The 1950’s
- Mick Jagger